Thursday, July 28, 2011

Cats and boxes

I guess it’s safe to say that all cat owners know that we cats love boxes. Whether it’s the box a TV came in, or a shoebox, if it’s made out of cardboard, we’re in to it. I mean that literally.

For some cat owner this love for boxes is endearing, for others it’s a source of frustration. They buy fancy cat toys, only to find out that kittycat is more interested in the box than the actual toy.

As you can see from the pictures below, this cat family loves its boxes too.

Take a look at Charlotte ...




She was just a kitten when these pictures were taken. My goodness she was such a cutie back then. Well, she’s still cute, but her butt has grown several sizes. If she were to try that now ... hm, all I can say is, I feel sorry for the box.

Speaking of feeling sorry, the rest of us are no strangers to boxes either. I mean look at us and look at the boxes we’re trying to squeeze our bodies in ... those boxes are practically bursting at the seams. Do we care, no, for where there is a will there is a way.

Here is Charlie. What was he thinking?



And here's Mickey. Also with hopes and dream.


Next up, Gabriel, another optimist

Last but not least, me.


As you can see, I like a good box now and then too. It took some effort, but I managed.  Sort of.

The morale of the story ... don’t bother buying us toys. Just buy yourself a cute new pair of shoes and give your cat the box.

1 comment:

  1. If this does not warm your heart, nothing will. These are incredibly cute.

    ReplyDelete